Baileys - The Nairish Cream


Living in India requires some adjustments. Not that one of my favourite drinks Baileys would not be available in Mumbai, but 100% tax on imported alcohol makes it painful to drink it... So for a while, I was dependent on people "going foreign" ;o) and then I took a risk of trying to recreate it myself with the help of, of course, GOOGLE - Amen. I didn't believe it would taste like the real thing, but it turned out to be really easy and pretty good. Now I can make it more chocolaty or add a stronger coffee flavour if I like. I got all our friends hooked on it too :o) They started calling it Nairish cream :o) I realized that I even started liking it more than the original Irish cream...

Here we go:

1 cup of fresh cream
1 can of sweetened condensed milk
1+ cup of Whiskey (tip: it doesn't have to be the best whiskey you can afford :o))
1+ teaspoon of instant/espresso coffee powder
1 tablespoons chocolate syrup
few drops of vanilla extract
few drops of almond extract

Simply combine all of the ingredients in a blender and blend it at a high speed for just a moment. Pour it into a tightly sealed bottle and refrigerate. Shake it well before serving. It can stay in your refrigerator for a few weeks, but you would need to fix a lock on the door for it too last this long :o)

Now, if only I could figure out how to make my own Campari...

Cheers!

0 Comments: