Another excellent recipe from "Easy Everyday" book. It's a delicious and filling soup that can easily make the whole lunch! This time I didn't change much except for using spicy Goan sausage Chouriço instead of Chorizo that was in the original recipe. Chouriço made this soup super spicy and so yummylicious with smoky taste and aroma.
|For 2 big portions:|
1. Heat some oil in a pot and first fry the sausage for a couple of minutes.
2. Add the onion and garlic, reduce the flame and keep frying until the onion becomes completely soft.
3. Add the tomatoes and thyme and turn the heat back up. Fry until tomatoes become soft (5-7 minutes).
4. Add chickpeas and stock, bring it to the boil, cover the pot and let it simmer for around 15 minutes.
5. Remove thyme springs, add salt and freshly ground pepper as per your taste and Voila! It's ready!
*If you don't like it spicy, you can replace Chorizo/Chouriço with a piece of any other mild smoked pork.
**If fresh thyme is not available, use about a teaspoon of dried thyme.